Limit user to logon at one PC at a time
Iam having a network on Windows server 2003 Active directory Domain. By Default Active directory allows single user to logon to multiple computers simultaneously. for example one user USER A can logon to COMPUTER A and simultaneously he can Logon to COMPUTER B also without loggingoff from COMPUTER A. Now for some reasons I want to restrict the Domain Users to logon to multiple computers simultaneously, without restricting them to logon to some particular systems only.means I want to set them free to logon to any computer in domain but restrict their logon session in domain to only once till they logout. I found this article http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarget.com/itanswers/limit-user-to-logon-at-one-pc-at-a-time/ can anyone guide me the installation steps or any screenshots becoz on production environment i am afraid as i dont have testing environment.
April 26th, 2012 12:11am

in Login Limit i can see 3 files LimitLoginADSetup : This should be installed on the Domain Controller. LimitLoginIISSetup: This Can be installed on the DC or on any Member Server having IIS LimitLoginClientSetup: This Should be installed on all Client Computers , can i push this through System Management Server 2003 on all computers. please guide me is this the proper way
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2012 12:40am

hello how can i play video for each users?
April 26th, 2012 12:53am

help me plsssssssssss..
April 26th, 2012 12:54am

Hi, Active Directory account settings has a feature that restricts user login to certain computers. Is that not helping you ?
April 26th, 2012 1:04am

Hi, Because you're referring to a third party product, you'd be better off seeking their advice on how best to deploy and configure the software. Swapnil, the problem is that in their original description they're only talking about limiting the number of concurrent logons, not limiting the users to nominated workstations. What this means is, to achieve what they're after using the feature you've referenced, you couldn't specify any more than one computer. If you did, you'd still be allowing the user to logon on to more than computer at once, which contradicts what they're asking for. Cheers, Lain
April 26th, 2012 1:29am

Does this LimitLogin work for Windows server 2003 x64
April 26th, 2012 2:57am

Hi, Yes. LimitLogin supports Windows 2000 Professional Service Pack 4 and later, Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4 and later, Windows XP Professional Service Pack 1 and later, and Windows Server 2003. http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/2005.05.utilityspotlight.aspx Regards, Rafic If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!
April 26th, 2012 3:33am

I have installed Limit Login Webservie setup on my Domain Controller and LimitLog Active dir setup on my Domain Controller. Bot got sucesfully installed.duing the installation of Active Dir Setup, I have created a shared folder on D drive and give privileges to domain users and authenticated users.and i have copied the login.vbs,logoff.vbs and wsdlfile from C:\Program files\Loginlimit to this Shared folder on My D Drive. When i open Active Directory when i right click User or OU i can see the tab for loginlimit. On my Computers OU i have applied GPO on user configuration and applied logon and logoff script. but this script did not apply on the client computer, and also i i have copied this scripts to the Sysvol folder and applied GPO but still it is not applying. On client computers i have installed dotnet framework and client setup. Login Limit is not working please guide me where i am going wrong.
April 28th, 2012 7:24am

To sum things up: >> LimitLogin has not been developed by Microsoft, is an unsupported utility, and is especially cumbersome to set up and use: - it performs an irreversible Active Directory Schema modification (!), - it creates a new partition in Active Directory, - it also requires configuring a Web server with the .NET Framework and ASP.NET and setting it up to perform delegated Kerberos authentication, - it requires distributing client packages that support communicating with the Web server via SOAP, - it is not compatible with Windows Server 2008 , Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012. >> UserLock allows you to: - Limit or prevent concurrent logins to your Windows network, based on user, user groups, Organizational Units or session types - Restrict user access to your network with multiple criteria: workstations, time, business hours, and connection type. - Follow the session activity on your network in real-time and get detailed, graphical reporting - Remotely close or lock user sessions, shutdown workstations, from anywhere using the Web console You can download a free, fully-functional trial from IS Decisions website. Franois Amigorena | President & CEO | IS Decisions | www.ISDecisions.com
October 8th, 2012 3:27am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics