LifeCam drivers on Windows Server 2008
Has anyone been able to get this to work? I know it seems odd, but I use my laptop for demonstrations and Hyper-V is just amazing for my virtual environments. However, I can't seem to get the LifeCam software to install It likes to say I am out of hard drive space or an unexpected errors have occurred Has anyone seen this or havea solution to it? I have tried various compatability settings but can't seem to get the installer package to run past the above mentioned error.
March 10th, 2008 10:35pm

Hello, Unfortunately, based on my research, there is no LifeCam drivers published for Windows Server 2008 currently. Some unexpected issues might occur if you install LifeCam software for other OS, such as Windows Vista, on Windows Server 2008. Meanwhile, to keep the high availability on Windows ervers, it is better to install less internet communications hardware like webcams on servers. Therefore, I recommend you install the LifeCam on your client PC instead. Thanks. Regards, Neo Zhu MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 17th, 2008 5:47am

You cannot install Lifecam software on Win Server 2008, and if you can, I still haven't figured out how.However, you can still use your webcam. Just do this:- Install Winrar- Right click on you Lifecam software file (.EXE) and extract it to some folder.- Plug in your webcam- When it asks for drivers, select the folder where you extracted the files.It will install the drivers but not the software.
March 18th, 2008 4:37am

I got it working on my Windows Server 2008 machine!Here's the steps:1. Go and get Orca to edit the .msi file lifcam10.msi in the subfolder \lifecam\setup. You get orca with the PSDK. Only install the windows installer TOOLS:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2559052. Open the msi in orca, on the left hand side pane go to the table called LaunchCondition and Drop all the rows except AdminUser.3. Save and close4. Run setup.exe for lifecam as normal.
June 15th, 2008 9:22pm

Evilcraig - you are myhero ... this worked perfectly
September 28th, 2008 11:51pm

Help me please. I cannot install lifecam software. Which of version LifeCam distr do you use? Where can I download it? I cannot find lifcam10.msi in the subfolder \lifecam\setup. Thanks.
November 11th, 2009 12:36am

do you think this would work the same for 64bit Win7?
March 19th, 2010 5:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics