License question
I am looking to setup a cluster group of 3 servers with Server 2008 Datacenter edition. These will virtualize AD, exhcange, iscsi targets etc with failover clustering for a user group of 60.My question is regarding how many cals I need to purchase. Do i need to buy 60X3 cals or just 60?Thanks
March 4th, 2008 9:59pm

Every user or device that accesses or uses the Windows Server 2008 server software requires the purchase of a Windows Server 2008 CAL. So you count your devices OR your users. If you only have 20 devices that are being used by your 60 people, you can get device CALs and save yourself some money. Here is a good web site to get all the information you need about licensing. tgc
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 5th, 2008 4:48am

Hello, For licensing questions, please call 1-800-426-9400 (select option 4), Monday through Friday, 6:00 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. (PST) to speak directly to a Microsoft licensing specialist. Worldwide customers can use the Guide to Worldwide Microsoft Licensing Sites to find contact information in their locations. Thanks. Best wishes --------------Morgan Che Microsoft Online Community Support
March 5th, 2008 11:51am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics