Latest Microsoft RD Client App (8.0.8) does not work on iPhone or iPad.

Hello,

We use the RD Client app from Microsoft on all of our mobile devices. The newest version of RD Client (8.0.8) doesn't work on any iPhones and iPads. It crashes when it tries to connect to the designated remote gateway. All previous versions seems to work, 8.05, 8.0.6, and 8.0.7. We tested it on a MAC desktop and Android devices and they seem to work fine. I tried uninstalling and the re-installing the App, but it still doesn't work on the iphone or ipad. It just crashes and close out. We tested it on iOS 7.1.1 and 7.1.2. This is definitely an issue with the latest RD Client software. We tested on a lot of iPhones and iPads and all results been the same. Anyone else having an issue with RD Client 8.0.8?

August 5th, 2014 6:38pm

We use the RD Client app from Microsoft on all of our mobile devices. The newest version of RD Client (8.0.8) doesn't work on any iPhones and iPads. It crashes when it tries to connect to the designated remote gateway. All previous versions seems to work, 8.05, 8.0.6, and 8.0.7. We tested it on a MAC desktop and Android devices and they seem to work fine. I tried uninstalling and the re-installing the App, but it still doesn't work on the iphone or ipad. It just crashes and close out. We tested it on iOS 7.1.1 and 7.1.2. This is definitely an issue with the latest RD Client software. We tested on a lot of iPhones and iPads and all results been the same. Need help.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 5th, 2014 6:39pm

Hi,

The remote desktop client forum is over here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?forum=winRDc&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

This forum is for feedback on the TechNet website/subscriptions, not product support.

Good

August 5th, 2014 6:49pm

Ditto! Can't get this version to run on my iPad Air. Where can I get a previous version?
August 6th, 2014 5:08am

It works on my iPad Air but not my MacBook Air.... very frustrating. 8.0.9 doesn't fix the problem either.
August 9th, 2014 2:14am

Hi,

If we do not use Remote Gateway, does the issue also occur?

Meanwhile, please provide us the log for check.

Thanks.

August 11th, 2014 3:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics