Laptops connecting to the Internet on and off campus.
I have a problem I have two Domain Controllers both with DNS Servers the Workstations in the domain have their Internet Protocol setup to find the DNS at a specific IP Address so they can see the Domain Controllers. This is OK for workstations that are only in our Intranet but laptops that go off campus cannot connect to the Internet because of the fixed DNS IP Address. What will allow the laptops to connect to the Internet on and off campus?
March 11th, 2009 2:33pm

VPN is the solution for your problem. how are your clients connecting to the intranet from internet which will answer the question.sainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 11th, 2009 5:58pm

yup a VPN is the answer.depending on configuration you will probably need to deploy users with muVPN client programs "mobile user, virtual private network"
March 12th, 2009 1:07am

Hi,You can create two Network profile for laptop users. Create a Batch file which includes the following commands to configure Network parameters. netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" source=static addr=192.168.1.20 mask=255.255.255.0netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" gateway=192.168.1.1 gwmetric=0netsh interface ip set dns name="Local Area Connection" source=static addr=208.67.222.222netsh interface ip add dns name = "Local Area Connection" addr =208.67.220.220pauseCreate another to use DHCP if necessary. netsh interface ip set address name="Local Area Connection" dhcpnetsh interface ip set dns name="Local Area Connection" dhcppauseFor more information about netsh, open CMD, type netsh /? For more information.Users can double-click these files to switch their Network settings.Thanks. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 12th, 2009 1:43pm

I think NETSH is the answer Thank You very much.
March 23rd, 2009 4:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics