Language for non unicode programs defaulting to Russian, help!
Hi All, I've got an issue that has been driving me nuts. A client terminal server (Win 2003 standard sp2) keeps defaulting to Russian for the language for non unicode programs. I have tried setting it to English (US) and reboot, but it changes itself back Russian. I have also tried changing to English (US), checking the box to apply to default user profile, re-booted and re-created the user's profile (so it takes the settings from the default user profile) which worked for a while, but then reverted back to Russian.This is disrupting the client's work in MS Dynamics GP. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help.
October 27th, 2010 9:04am

Hi, This issue mostly can be caused by the third party software conflicts. You may perform a Clean Boot to narrow down the causes. Test the issue in Clean Boot ================= 1. Click the Start Button, type MSCONFIG in the Run box and Press Enter to start the System Configuration Utility. 2. Click the Services tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click Disable All (if it is not gray). 3. Click the Startup tab, click Disable All and click OK. 4. Restart the computer and test the issue. Note: Clean Boot is just a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can enable them later on. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click OK. If it works in Clean Boot, you may enable 1/2 of the disabled startup programs and servers to test the issue again and again or enable them one by one to narrow down the cause. If you do not have much time to troubleshoot this issue in Clean Boot, I also would like to suggest you the VBScript RegWrite method to change Language for non-unicode programs from registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage ACP 1252 for English (United States) MACCP 10000 for English (United State ) OEMCP 437 for English (United States) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\Language Default 0409 for English (United States) For more information, please refer to the following link: RegWrite Method http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yfdfhz1b.aspx If you encounter any difficulties when customizing the scripts, you may submit a new question in The Official Scripting Guys Forum! which is a best resource for scripting related issues. The Official Scripting Guys Forum! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/ITCG/threads Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 29th, 2010 5:55am

Hi Arthur, Thanks for the responce. I have been thinking along the same lines. For the scriting method, when the script runs, will it still require a reboot of the server like when changing the setting manually? Thanks again!
October 29th, 2010 9:27am

Hi, Since I’m not familiar with scripting, I have no idea if use scripting can achieve the goal without restarting. Please confirm the question in The Official Scripting Guys Forum!. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2010 5:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics