LSASRV SPNEGO 40960
The security system detected an authentication error for the server DNS/ns1.pldt. The failure code from authentication protocol Kebros was "there are currently no logon servers available to service logon request (0xc000005e). then after 5 messages of the same LSASRV 40960 my server will shutdown. i don't see any solid solutions with those links regarding 40960. need help. im using Windows server 2003, workgroup, mail server.
October 25th, 2011 3:50am

1. Will you reveal the history of this error? Does this error appear at restart or after some time (randomly)? 2. What is this DNS/ns1.pldt 3. What type of DNS are you using, the native one or BIND? 4. How do you synchronize time? 5. Is this private DNS or public one? Do you enable the protection against cache poisoning? Regards Milos PS: I have had this error in W2K3 domain after restart and it has been known problem with no harmful impact.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2011 5:21am

Hi, According to my search, the following troubleshooting suggestions can be tried: Suggestion 1: Verify if the KDC, Netlogon and the RPCLocator services are started. Suggestion 2: Temporarily disable or uninstall the antivirus program and firewall to test the issue. Suggestion 3: Update the network card driver. Suggestion 4: Modify the following registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters Value Name: MaxConcurrentApi Data Type: REG_DWORD Value: between 0 and 10 For more troubleshooting information, please also refer to the following Microsoft KB articles: Event IDs 40960 and 40961 in the System Event Log When You Restart Windows Server 2003 After You Run Dcpromo.exe http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823712 Event ID 5719 is logged when you start a computer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938449 Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 27th, 2011 5:09am

I also found that, If my computer was on the domaina, but not a Domain controller. Removing it from the domain and re-adding back, did the trick for me PaulDuramaxster
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 16th, 2012 12:36am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics