LOGON ISSUE IN WINDOWS 2003 SERVER
I can't log-on into windows 2003 server system as an administrator also. The is the DOMAIN CONTROLLER/ DHCP/ DNS/ FILESERVER. I did not configure the terminal server. When I try to log-on, The following message has showed "The local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively" I think the system's USER RIGHTS PERMISSIONS modified unfortunately.... How to solve this? I am installing and using this windows 2003 server system for learning purpose only.
December 29th, 2010 3:34am

Allow log on locally setting in Default Domain Controllers Policy may be modified in incorrect way or new GPO created with inconsistent settings - use Group Policy Management Console to set correct permission http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756809(WS.10).aspx Also check http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823659 for recommedations about this and other settings
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 29th, 2010 3:58am

Hi, By default, only Account Operators, Administrators, Backup Operators, Print Operators, and Server Operators have the “Allow log on locally” right to log on to domain controllers; it is defined in the Default Domain Controller Policy. Normally, this error message is not generated when the user account you logged on with is a member of the above default groups. Please check it on your side. If the issue persists with the above groups, please check whether you have modified the Default Domain Controller Policy. How many DCs do you have? Have you established a Group Policy object (GPO) that defines restricted groups? Also, please help clarify when the issue began to occur and which settings you changed recently. As you said that “I think the system's USER RIGHTS PERMISSIONS modified unfortunately....”, please provide us more information. Also, please help gather the following files for research. GPMC Log ------------------ a. On domain controller, click Start -> Run, type GPMC.MSC, it will load the GPMC console. If the GPMC snap-in is not installed, b. Right click on "Group Policy Result" and choose wizard to generate a report for the problematic computer and user account. (Choose computer and select the proper user in the wizard) c. Right click the resulting group policy result and click the "Save Report…" => save report to save the report to a HTML file. Please locate the saved files for research. Upload these file to the following workspace. You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=52040114-6e44-4dce-a022-773fb286e2e2) Password: O{Xx_hWHYJAID Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. Nina This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
December 31st, 2010 12:39am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics