LDAP over SSL setup, cannot connect through LDP.exe utility.
Hello, I have been tasked with setting up server infrastructure in a test domain that supports LPAD over SSL. I have setup using the following instructions: http://www.reborndigital.com/?p=200 . The infrasctucture (OS) that we are using are: DC's - 2 of them are windows 2003r2; appservers / CA server is a 2008R2 server / 5 of them. All hardware is located on a VM cluster. Now as I have said earlier, I have followed along with the link above, which seemed more than easy to follow along with, and according to the Certificate snap-in, it looks like everytihng is good. I have used one domain controller for the first test connections - it also has 3 certs local on the PC :Personal|Certificates issued to the DC, issued by | the cert server, so the certs have been issued to the DC server requesting, I can see them there, they are all active, no red X in the cert info, the dates are good expiring 2013 etc.. So when I go to test the connection with ldp.exe, I cannot connect.. Error when I try to connect, I am getting an error: ld = ldap_sslinit("XXXXXX", 636, 1); Error <0x0> = ldap_set_option(hLdap, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION, LDAP_VERSION3); Error <0x51> = ldap_connect(hLdap, NULL); Server error: <empty> Error <0x51>: Fail to connect to XXXXXX. The other issue is that I know nothing about cert config / troubleshooting.. :( Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks!
July 31st, 2012 1:24pm

Never mind I got it.. Thanks..
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 1st, 2012 9:28am

what did you do to solve the issue? i have the same problem
August 14th, 2012 5:23pm

If you are still looking, here i s what I used to setup the connections.. I follow along and it served me for what I needed. Hope it helps.. http://www.reborndigital.com/?p=200
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 1st, 2012 9:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics