Keep getting BCDEdit errors trying to mirror system drive using Disk Management
Hello, We just setup a new Windows Server Web edition SP2 for a testing environment. There are two identical drives in the system and I am trying to mirror them. Both disks are dynamic disks and when I go into the disk management tools and select disk 1 to mirror disk 0, I get this error: The boot configuration data of the system could not be updated. Use bcdedit.exe to update it manually. Note that bcdedit.exe is not available on Windows 2003 Server. Edit boot.ini or use bootcfg.exe instead. My only option is to press "OK". When I do that disk management tries to mirror the drives and says it is syncing. Once it is done syncing both drives have the error: Failed Redundancy (System, Boot, Page File, Crash Dump) I have been trying to follow the MS KB 951985, but I can not setup the EFI of the second disk to match the first disk. The EFI is 993KB with an Offset of 32KB and I can't get those setting correctly using Diskpart to set it up. I don't believe disk 0 is a GPI disk, but it is dynamic. If I convert it to a GPI disk, will I lose the OS already installed? Am I following the correct directions, or should I be doing something completely different? Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing these issues? Thanks, J
September 28th, 2010 5:51pm

Hi, Please refer to the following post. how do i mirror a hard drive via command line for hyper v server? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverhyperv/thread/80887c12-c484-4e22-9298-2434bceb6b99 Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 30th, 2010 2:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics