KMS error 0xC004F039
I had a 2003 KMS 1.1 server with a Vista Client key. I am moving several servers to 2008 and I have setup KMS on 2008 with a Server Standard Key. The KMS Host activated fine but I can't get other machines to activate. I might still be under the 25 min but the error I am getting doesn't indicate that. Here is the output from KMS Host:Name: Windows Server(R), ServerStandard editionDescription: Windows Operating System - Windows Server(R), VOLUME_KMS_B channelPartial Product Key: 3T9WPLicense Status: Licensed Key Management Service is enabled on this machine Current count: 0 Listening on Port: 1688 DNS publishing enabled KMS priority: Normal Key Management Service cumulative requests received from clients Total requests received: 0 Failed requests received: 0 Requests with License Status Unlicensed: 0 Requests with License Status Licensed: 0 Requests with License Status Initial grace period: 0 Requests with License Status License expired or Hardware out of tolerance: 0 Requests with License Status Non-genuine grace period: 0 Requests with License Status Notification: 0This is what I am getting on the 2008 servers when I attempt to activate.---------------------------Error Details---------------------------The following information was found for this error: Code: 0xC004F039 Description: The Software Licensing Service reported that the computer could not be activated. The Key Management Service (KMS) is not enabled.---------------------------OK ---------------------------I have verified the new server is in DNS. I am not sure why the KMS server is reporting as not enabled? Thanks.Brian Hoyt
June 23rd, 2009 4:53pm

I figured it out, I hadn't added the firewall exception for KMS. Once I did that I started getting the 0xC004F038 I would expect until more of my vista / 2008 machines attempt to refresh and activate.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 23rd, 2009 5:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics