KMS count reset when a new campus agreement product key installed
I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine with our campus agreement KMS key installed. We activated our minimum of 25 Windows 7 clients, our current count was at 25 and things were activating happily. Our old agreement expired and when we renewed I installed the new KMS server key on the KMS server the count was apparently reset to 0. I did not notice until today that the count is now 10 and we are receiving the error message about the KMS count being insufficient. Can anyone confirm that this is by design, and every year that we renew the KMS server key our count will return to 0 until 25 machines attempt to activate?
October 22nd, 2010 1:45pm

Hello MTU SAS, That would be the correct behavior. If you change key the count will be resetThanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 22nd, 2010 7:17pm

Hi, If you need more assistance about KMS, please feel free to let us know. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 24th, 2010 11:46pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics