KMS client list finding
how can i find what client are activated from the KMS server. is there any way to find the list of computer or client. remember that we donot have SCCM. we are running the KMS key in Server 2008 R2.
May 13th, 2011 5:28am

This info can be found in the Key Management Service log in the event viewer on the KMS host. Look for event ID 12290.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 13th, 2011 5:36am

i know this way. but i want to know the other way
May 13th, 2011 6:10am

KMS as such does not keep a list of activated computers.
May 13th, 2011 7:09am

Hello Imran Amir, You can use VAMT to query your machines remotely, this will show you what key type the machine is using, and whether the machine is activated or not.Thanks, Darrell Gorter [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
May 13th, 2011 1:04pm

This is that good of a system after this long ?? I am deploying XenDesktop and want to know some KMS stats and am new to the company. THe VAMT tool 2.0 won't pull in the data that the slmgr /dlv posts with more details ?? Why does Microsoft want you to use this if it is that weak ???
July 16th, 2012 2:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics