KMS Windows server 2008 R2, 7 and vista
I configured a kms host with a Windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise key (groupe C) in order to activate server 2008, server 2008 R2, windows 7 and vista. Everything work fine and I can see the count that grows when a new workstation is built. question 1 : if I request a status from my kms server (-dli), I can see my count. Right now we've been testing for 2 weeks and we have 13 computers and servers that waits to get their activation. These computers/servers will be wiped as soon as we are ready to deploy our first 25 windows 7. is there a way to reset the kms counter in order to start to deploy our real computers/servers.question 2. in the count on the kms server, is there a maximum number that can wait at the same time. because we are planning to deploy 25 windows 7, 25 windows vista, 10 R2 and 5 server 2008. note that we have a volume license key for vista, one for windows 7, and one for server 2008 R2, the kms server is using the server 2008 R2 volume license key (Server group C) that include windows 7 and vista ( Client VL).thanksStefane
April 16th, 2010 11:44pm

Hello Stefane,1) the machines in the count will age out after 30 days or when the count gets to 50(KMS only counts twice the number needed since you have Win7\Vista that number is 50. If it was server only the number would be 10)2) not sure I understand what the question is here. Wait for what? There is one count for Windows so all the Windows KMS clients use that same count regardless of edition, there isn't a separate count for Win7, Vista, Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2. So when the count gets to 5, the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 will start activating, and when the count gets to 25 the Windows 7 and Windows Vista clients will start activating. The KMS clients have a 30 day grace periodThanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 17th, 2010 3:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics