KMS Server - updating with new Enterprise Agreement
We have a KMS Server that is set up on a 2008 R2 and has been working fine. We just renewed our enterprise agreement with Microsoft. With the renewal, do we have to update our KMS? If so, what is the procedure? Also if so, will the count be reset and we will need to wait until 25 pc's make a request for it to work again? thanks
February 2nd, 2012 11:51am

Hello, the KMS host is still and will be active and your counter will not be touched from anybody at Microsoft. All KMS clients will still use your KMS host and this one should still activate itself every 180 days with Microsoft.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2012 1:18pm

I don't see the answer to my question here. Let me be very clear. If you set up a new Enterprise Agreement with Microsoft (our previous 3 year agreement has expired and we are now on a new 3 year agreement). do the KMS keys change and do we need to do anything to our KMS server or does the KMS server just keep working with the new agreement?
February 2nd, 2012 3:00pm

Hello, you are licensed with a specific amount of keys. Doesn't matter if you use the ones from the old or new contract, as long as you are in the limit.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 2nd, 2012 3:11pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics