KMS Server - Find currently registerd produc keys
Hi Everyone, we currently run a KMS server that activates our LAN Windows 7 and Office 2010 Pro clients when using KMS media/image. Is there a way to find out if there is any additional product keys registered with the KMS server to activate other products like Server 2008 R2, etc.. Thanks
October 23rd, 2012 2:46pm

Yes, on your KMShost server, open an elevated console prompt (CMD) and execute: cd %systemroot%\system32 cscript slmgr.vbs /dli all This will display the status of all KMShost product keysDon (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2012 4:47am

Thanks guys. When I do open the VAMT, I don't see any registered keys in there. When I use the command line that Don provided, it gives me the last couple of characters in the KMS keys that are registered and I did confirm that those were Win7 and office 2010. my question now is when registering another product in the KMS server, should I use the command line prompt? or just input them in the VAMT 2.0 tool and be set to go?
October 25th, 2012 9:32am

I only use slmgr.vbs when I'm working on KMShosts. I don't use VAMT very often, and when I do use VAMT, I only use it for operations on clients.Don (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)
October 25th, 2012 3:26pm

You can use VAMT 2.0. It will show you the information of the keys installed on this KMS server. Volume Activation Management Tool (VAMT) 2.0 http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11936 Thanks Zhang
November 3rd, 2012 9:59pm

VAMT 2.0 might help you
November 4th, 2012 12:12am

Yes, on your KMShost server, open an elevated console prompt (CMD) and execute: cd %systemroot%\system32 cscript slmgr.vbs /dli all This will display the status of all KMShost product keysDon (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)
November 4th, 2012 1:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics