KMS Security-Licensing-SLC Error
I moved my KMS server (windows 2008) from Esxi 3.5 to Esxi 4.1 and also changed the IP-address because it’s a new subnet. After everything works but not my KMS server In the Application log I have the following error. Security-Licensing-SLC Error Event ID 8200 details hr=0x80072EFD Security-Licensing-SLC Information Event ID 1024 the hardware has changed And no clients can activate the license. Could I just use slmgr.vbs /ipk <KMS key> again or do I need to get a new KMS-key from Microsoft?
November 26th, 2010 7:34am

Hello Rd0, You probably just need to activate the KMS host again since the hardware appears to be different. the error message 0x80072EFD is a connection error message, indicates that the machine is having a problem attempting to activate with the Microsoft activation servers. Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 27th, 2010 2:48pm

The server had no internet connection on the new subnet. So I opened up the firewall and after the server had connected to Microsoft I closed the port in the firewall again. Now everything works just find again.
November 29th, 2010 8:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics