KMS Host Vista and Server 2008
So, up unitl now I have been activating my Server 2008's to a KMS Host server running Server 2008. We recently got 17 Vista computers in that I want to activate to a KMS Host. I know we need 25 we are going to upgrade a few others to get 25 workstions for the 25 licenses. My question is I have my Server 2008 KMS host already running and have a key for 2008. Do I need to build another system to be a host for vista with the vista kms key or can they both activate to the same host on the server 2008 box with the 2008 key?
March 7th, 2009 2:55am

I have a KMS_B key. From what I read on Microsoft that key will activate my Vista clients and if I have 28 Server 2008 activations already I should be able to add the 17 Vista boxes on my Server 2008 KMS Host. Is this a correct statement?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2009 5:16am

Hello Sandow,Yes the KMS_B key will activate both Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 KMS client machines. As long as the count is at 25 or higher, the Windows Vista clients will be able to activate. Since you have 28 activations ( I presume that this number 28 is the count on the KMS server machine), that is sufficient for the any one of the Windows Vista client machines. So yes the 17 Windows Vista clients will activateThanks, Darrell Gorter[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
March 7th, 2009 6:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics