KMS: Activation concern
Hi, Question: A Visitor workstation connected to internal network where KMS server was deployed. Workstation is an unactivated Window 7 Volume edition, will it activate against our KMS server? tnx
September 4th, 2012 8:59pm

Following discussion might help For KMS clients to be activated, do you have to join them to the domain or they can be activated if they are on the same subnet as KMS host, as workgroup clients? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/winservergen/thread/EB6C0C07-724C-40FC-824F-F5AA8A0FA8C4I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2012 9:03pm

Following discussion might help For KMS clients to be activated, do you have to join them to the domain or they can be activated if they are on the same subnet as KMS host, as workgroup clients? http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/winservergen/thread/EB6C0C07-724C-40FC-824F-F5AA8A0FA8C4I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
September 4th, 2012 9:09pm

hi santosh, So it can activate against our KMS server if it can connect with our KMS server? Workstation is not ours, its from our client / visitor, Its a securty/license issue, isn't it?
September 4th, 2012 9:31pm

So it can activate against our KMS server if it can connect with our KMS server? Theoretically Yes. AFAIK, workgroup machines are not activated by KMS automatically, you may verify that. However, manually it can be activated by specifying (using slmgr commands) the KMS host. I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
September 4th, 2012 9:38pm

So it can activate against our KMS server if it can connect with our KMS server? Theoretically Yes. AFAIK, workgroup machines are not activated by KMS automatically, you may verify that. However, manually it can be activated by specifying (using slmgr commands) the KMS host. I do not represent the organisation I work for, all the opinions expressed here are my own. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights. - .... .- -. -.- ... --..-- ... .- -. - --- ... ....
September 4th, 2012 9:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics