KB975354 & KB75354-V2 Can't uninstall, can't install.
Can anyone tell me, i have one cluster that doesn't like these. If I want to remove them they don't show in the uninstall area in add remove programs. If I try to remove them by command line I get a message that they are not installed, if I try to install them I get a message that they are already installed. Ronnie
April 27th, 2010 3:03am

Hi, Please navigate to Control Panel > Programs and Features > Installed Updates, you will find all the updates installed on your computer. Run “systeminfo” in an CMD prompt line and you will get the installed updates also. You can also run “get-hotfix” in PowerShell to get the installed updates. By the way, is your computer with Windows Server 2008 R2 installed? Best Regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 27th, 2010 10:52am

thanks Hu, Having looked further, the Server Manager console also didn't work, I could not see roles and features either. An error was displayed and on select details it said "element not found". the log showed this - Could not discover the state of the system. An unexpected exception was found: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070490): Element not found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070490) at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo) at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ComponentInstaller.CreateSessionAndPackage(IntPtr& session, IntPtr& package) at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ComponentInstaller.InitializeUpdateInfo() at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ComponentInstaller.Initialize() at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.Common.Provider.RefreshDiscovery() at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.LocalResult.PerformDiscovery() at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ServerManagerModel.CreateLocalResult(RefreshType refreshType) at Microsoft.Windows.ServerManager.ServerManagerModel.InternalRefreshModelResult(Object state) Since then I have downloaded the System update Readiness Tool from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821 After installing that the server manager console started working and i was able to install the patches. While this fixes my problem I'm not sure why it has happened. Regards
April 27th, 2010 1:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics