KB2624667 breaks several apps including IE
I've had to uninstall KB2624667 from my Win2003x64 Citrix farm because it broke Internet Explorer and several other apps. No big deal, there must be a fix on the way... Well, it's now after Christmas and I don't see any fix coming? I can't believe I'm the only one who ran into problems with this.
December 27th, 2011 10:20am

Hi , How do you verdict the hotfix KB 2624667 caused the unexpected problem? Could you please detail the symptom and error message? Do you want to fix some specific issue via KB 2624667? If so, what's the problem? Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 28th, 2011 5:33am

Hi , How do you verdict the hotfix KB 2624667 caused the unexpected problem? Could you please detail the symptom and error message? Do you want to fix some specific issue via KB 2624667? If so, what's the problem? Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Hi, I have experienced the same problem - Windows Server 2003 x64 Standard Citrix XenApp 5 rollup 7 after KB 2624667 IE 8 will not load, event Reporting queued error: faulting application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0003276f.
December 30th, 2011 7:34am

We too have the problem, and have removed it from our servers. It did not affect all of them, but to be safe, we removed it from all.
January 4th, 2012 2:21pm

We had the same issue and luckily found this thread. Running Windows 2003 x64 with Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 and Microsoft Office 2007. We have other Citrix servers that don't have office installed and did not seem to be affected by this KB2624667 update. On the 3 Citrix servers that had Office installed, IE 32bit would crash as soon as it was opened, but the 64bit IE would work fine. Outlook would crash upon launch and the other office products would launch but would then crash when trying to browse the network and open a file from a share. We first tried re-installing IE8 and that would fix the issue temporarily but then IE and office would mysteriously start crashing again after some random period of time (one to several days). I think that the KB2624667 update may kick in and break IE when users would visit certain sites, but I can't be sure of that. After removing this update and rebooting the servers, everything worked immediately without even having to reinstall IE again. Thanks for this obscure fix!
January 17th, 2012 1:08pm

Agree with Jsafra. We are running XenApp on 2003 x64. We first notice the issue with Adobe Acrobat (any version) with crashing while printing. Acrobat would launch fine, open a PDF fine, but as soon as you tried to print, Adobe would close without any visible error. It threw a generic error in the System Event Log ("Application Popup"). IE8 32-bit would start to open, show a blank page, then immediately close, the same way that Adobe would with printing. Acrobat also crashed when going to Edit -> Preferences, throwing a "R6025 Pure Virtual Call" error and crash. Stopping Citrix IMA service seemed to resolve the issue, but that isn't a viable solution for a Citrix server, so we uninstalled KB2624667. All crashing issues seem to be resolved by removing that patch. The same hotfix is installed across multiple XenApp servers, but only 2 servers are having the issue. 64-bit IE would work fine, and Adobe Reader would work fine, but after we uninstalled KB2624667, all issues seemed to disappear.
February 22nd, 2012 10:24am

Seeing same thing with Adobe Reader 10.1.2. Even after Adobe fix, cpsid 92870, Edit|Preferences|Reading raises a "Runtime Error! R6025". When I tried to remove KB2624667, Windows XP Professional (SP3) warned me of a long list of programs and updates that might break as a result, so I stopped the removal. My question: was I overly cautious, or could I have removed KB2624667?
March 11th, 2012 6:55pm

Seeing same thing with Adobe Reader 10.1.2. Even after Adobe fix, cpsid 92870, Edit|Preferences|Reading raises a "Runtime Error! R6025". When I tried to remove KB2624667, Windows XP Professional (SP3) warned me of a long list of programs and updates that might break as a result, so I stopped the removal. My question: was I overly cautious, or could I have removed KB2624667? WE have been experiancing a similar on just one Citrix Server (Server 2003 64 Bit), initialy it staeted off with Outlook crashing (just would not open, only in safe mode) so thosugh it might have been an add in, which we removed, so outlook started working ok. Next IE7 32 Bit version kept on crashing on launch (we reinstalled IE7) worked ok for a while then same issue, then other Office apps crashed when trying to browse to a document, so we tried a repair on office, still no luck, so we uninstalled Office (reboot) uninstalled KB2624667 (reboot) reinstalled office. So far it works Ok, IE 32 Bit is now working (we'll see for how long)
April 17th, 2012 6:44pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics