June CTP Debug Symbols?
Are the debug symbols for the checked build of Windows Server June CTP 2008 available for download somewhere? Scott Langley
July 2nd, 2007 11:02pm

Hello Scott,unfortunately you did not tell, which ways you tried before, so there is need for more info to help you appropriately.Could you please tell, if setting up as described here didn't help ?see section "To use the Microsoft Symbol Server" hereSincerely,Erkan YILMAZ
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2007 9:16am

Hi Erkan, I would like to debug offline - that is not attached to the Internet - becausemy testing is network-related and I don't want interference from all the devices on our corporate LAN. So, for this case, I would like to be able to download the symbols to my hard disk before I commence testing. Scott Langley
July 3rd, 2007 9:06pm

Hello Scott,I do not have the CTP version (so I can not tell you for sure).How about you ask the responsible person in your subscription channel for the full packageE.g. for Vista MS tells:"Note: If you are a MSDN subscriber and are using the Windows Vista CTP builds, you can get the Symbols package for the CTP builds from the Microsoft Connect server. If you are not a MSDN Subscriber but would like to be, subscribe here." (see here)Until somebody answers:first to find out if the CTP symbols are released at all for general public (but I think so, otherwise MS would harm themselves :-) ):- take an application which has a higher version number in the exe than the exe from the Longhorn beta 3. - do the steps described as above and if you find some symbols for the exe which you watch (with e.g. windebugger callstack view or process explorer with watching the threads) in the set dir, then there is high probability that the symbols are released for public.Then you either:- do it once for the application(s) you need - with internet (so the symbols get downloaded on your HD and you can use them without internet also) , but not all symbols which you later need might be downloaded :-(- or when being offline: you break your application when your wished behaviour happens, connect to internet and download the symbols by reloading (and continue your application again - depends of what the wished behaviour is)- or you ask the responsible person in your subscription channel for the full package (see above), if nobody answers hereSincerely,Erkan YILMAZP.S. to all readers now: I am not subscribed to MSDN or Technet, but I have heard now so much of the CTP. Can I (as non-subscribed person) also get a copy ? Here are some of my reports: Windows Server 2008, SQL Server 2008, DPM 2007
July 4th, 2007 12:55am

Erkan Yilmaz wrote: I am not subscribed to MSDN or Technet, but I have heard now so much of the CTP. Can I (as non-subscribed person) also get a copy ? Hi Erkan, Since the last time we corresponded (which resulted in this page) Microsoft created a new program called the IT Pro Momentum. It is specifically targetted at IT professionals who bet on the newest technologies to drive business value for their companies and advance their career. (According to Arlindo Alves)One of the benefits of the IT Pro Momentum program is a free TechNet subscription. To become part of this program please contact one of the German IT Pro Evangelists.
December 16th, 2007 4:05pm

Hello again Sander,Thank you for the information, I will definitely contact them. Bye for now, Erkan
December 16th, 2007 4:58pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics