Joining a Windows Vista machine to a Domain
I run a Home Office Network. The network consists of 3 Vista machines, 2 Windows XP machines and 1 Windows 2k3 server configured as a Domain Controller with a static IP address. The 3 Vista machines are wireless, connected to a Linksys router via a cable modem; One of the windows XP machine is also wireless while the other one is hot wired to the Linksys router via the cable modem. The DC is hot wired to the linksys router.I created the users and computer accounts in the AD via the domain. My problem is I cannot join the Windows Vista machines to the domain. When I attempted to join the domain from the windows Vista machine, I received a message that vista machine cannot join the domain. Also, I cannot logon interactively to the Domain Controller using the logon credentials created in Active Directory. I received a message saying "The Local Policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively". Please advise.
June 24th, 2009 6:09pm

Hello, 1) Please seeif your are on the same subnet and able to pint the server. 2) Point your vista clients to the Dns server from tcp/ipsettings 3) Disable if any AV or firewalls running on the server. I received a message saying "The Local Policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively". Please advise.see the link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc756809(WS.10).aspxThankshttp://technetfaqs.wordpress.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2009 6:31pm

hi there, as syed mentioned , make sure you point your vista clients to proper dns server. are you able to ping to the Domain ? try connecting vista clients using cable ( not wireless ) and check if you are able to connect. i suspect either routing / dns issue might be culprit.is this issue happening only on vista / xp client as well.sainath !analyze
June 24th, 2009 9:12pm

Hi Esosa; I Agree With Syed & sainath Follow Thier Instruction ... Plus Check The Link With Stright Cable To The Server .. Some Times Routers Do So When They are not Configured Well. thankx
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 25th, 2009 12:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics