Job Add Update Server stuck for days

I have WSUS on another server. (2012R2) I synchronised and approved 90000 updates.

Then I tried to add Update Server to Virtual Machine Manager (2012 R2).

The job says Install Virtual Machine Manager agent .. Complete,  and Synchronise Update Server .. not started and it stays like it for days. (on 50%)

The job started some kind of update on WSUS database, WSUS console is not responding because server is busy and I checked with sql profiler to see what is happening on SUSDB, there is some kind of updating process going on on the database and it lasts for days:

UPDATE tbDeployment SET DeploymentStatus = 0 FROM tbDeployment
    INNER JOIN tbRevision ON tbRevision.RevisionID = tbDeployment.RevisionID
    WHERE tbRevision.RowID = @rowID AND tbDeployment.ActionID = 0
        AND tbDeployment.DeploymentStatus = 1 AND tbDeployment.UpdateType NOT IN ('Category', 'Detectoid')
or

UPDATE dbo.tbFileOnServer WITH (ROWLOCK) SET ActualState=@newState where RowID=@rowID

Does someone know is this normal? Will it finish? Should I stop it? What is the

August 25th, 2015 12:17pm

Hi Sir,

>> Complete,  and Synchronise Update Server .. not started and it stays like it for days. (on 50%)

As the article mentioned :

"The WSUS server will be added to VMM, followed by initial synchronization of the updates catalog. Depending on how many update classifications and products you chose when you configured the WSUS server, this operation can take a long time, depending on such factors as network traffic and the load on the WSUS server. "

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Gg675116.aspx

But, in your case , it seems that it is unusual .

I tried to add WSUS server into VMM in my lab , but I can not reproduce this issue .

If it is possible , please try to stop that job and add it again .

(SCVMM 2012R2 with UR6)

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 26th, 2015 9:20pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics