JPG at startup
Dear all, I have a picture, JPG, from my marketing dpt and need a way to show that at the startup. Is that a easy way to do it ? Thanks a lotGuilherme Teles
December 2nd, 2009 7:40pm

Do you mean you wan't this image as the background on the logon screen?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 2nd, 2009 11:07pm

I want to show that not on as wallpaper, but it could be as the background on the logon screen, or lauch some application as internet explorer.. i want to show the image, but not as wallpaperGuilherme Teles
December 3rd, 2009 2:52am

Hi Guilherme Teles,You could add your JPG under the below registry There are 2 ways to achieve this , one way is to set this using your custom gina.dll under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinlogonThe second option is to set under the following location .HKEY_USERS\Default\controlpanel\Desktop
December 3rd, 2009 10:08am

Hi Guilherme, If the OS on your client is XP, you can change the logon background to a bitmap file. 1. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop 2. In the details pane (right-side), double-click the Wallpaper string value item. 3. In Value data , type the path and name of the picture or background, and then click OK . Note: Make sure the picture is a Bitmap. Then, you have changed the logon Background. This will take effect when you logoff. If it is Windows 7, you can change the logon background to a jpg file. Please refer to: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7desktop/thread/507e569b-343c-4988-8044-378453ab7cd6 Meanwhile, if you want this jpg file to be openedautomatically after startup, you can use logon scripts. Regards, Bruce
December 3rd, 2009 11:32am

Thanks bruce , i missed windows 7 :)
December 3rd, 2009 12:04pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics