Item Level Targeting Under User Configuration

Good Afternoon,

Is it possible to map a set of printers (one set as default) based on if user is a domain user and computer belongs to group combination?  Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

- We have a lab with 60 computers and 3 printers

- I split the computers into 3 different groups

- I created a test GPO with the 3 printers.  This is created in the User Configuration under Control Panel\Printers, one printer set as the default.  Item level targeting for each printer is set to if a user belongs to the domain users group AND the computer belongs to group XYZ.

- All our users are spread across multiple root OU's in sub OU's depending on location/division.  Our labs are also separated from the users.

- The GPO I have allows user loopback processing due to users being in different OU locations than the labs.

We are trying to take one lab and split up the default printer so printing is not congested to one printer.  Also the user needs access to all three printers just in case one decides to have a fit.

The printers do not map unless i remove the ILT of this computer belongs to group (please note this is set under the User Config ILT for the printer).  This is how I know the GPO works but does not under one caveat.

We cannot create groups of users to split them up among printers due to 1000's of users and this would be a nightmare to manage.  

August 31st, 2015 6:19pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics