It's possible to install DirectAccess without UAG??
Hello, It's possible to install DirectAccess without UAG?? I caninstall it withTMG?? I have a forest with a domain where I have all the computers and where users logon. In this forest there is an Enterprise CA. I have another resource forest where I have installed a TMG and various DC's in 2008 R2. The internal network configuration is ipv4. My question is,DirectAccess can be installed in this environment without installing UAG? Would have any problem to have installed TMG? Thanks
June 25th, 2012 12:47pm

"Native" DirectAccess (installed on Server 2008 R2 without UAG) comes with some requirements and limitations. The biggest being that your internal network needs to be IPv6. If you are IPv4 inside your network as you stated, DirectAccess without UAG will not work for you. You need UAG to translate the traffic into IPv4 on the backend. This will change with the release of Server 2012. You will no longer need UAG to do the translation as the components that do the translating are going to be in Server 2012 natively. So then you will be able to deploy DA without UAG, on a Server 2012 box and use it in your IPv4 environment. I love using UAG for DirectAccess. It not only enables my DA computers to have seamless, automatic connectivity, but it also gives me the ability to run web portals (SSLVPN style) for access from non-corporate machines at the same time.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 28th, 2012 9:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics