Issue with windows scheduler. (WINDOWS SERVER 2003 R2). Two or more scheduled jobs calling an executable at the same time.
Hi, I already posted this issue in a wrong forum in the same site. :( hope this is the correct general forum for windows servers. ISSUE: I have some windows scheduled jobs in windows server 2003 R2. Among which 3 jobs call the same executable file, and all these 3 jobs have been scheduled at same time (i.e. runs every one hour). What i have been noticing in the log file for these 3 jobs is, the job runs merely for few seconds , when i check in depth i found that the jobs just start and end without performing what it was intended to do. The jobs other than these 3 seems to work fine. But if i right click on these 3 jobs and select run, it runs perfectly. My doubts, 1. is it because all the three jobs call the same executable file at same time.? if yes, what are the conditions/parameters which must be checked/changed, if 3 jobs must be scheduled at same time calling same executable? 2. what could be the root cause of jobs not running automatically as expected? 3. is there any other way to perform the above requirement? if i change the scheduled time, i.e. all 3 jobs scheduled at different time interval, then the jobs seems to run fine. But i dont want to do that, since the requirement is to schedule all 3 jobs same time. Please help on this issue, i'm new to windows scheduler. Thank you, Billy.
September 3rd, 2012 11:38am

Hello, ---1. is it because all the three jobs call the same executable file at same time. if yes, what are the conditions/parameters which must be checked/changed, if 3 jobs must be scheduled at same time calling same executable? ---2. what could be the root cause of jobs not running automatically as expected? It might be the cause of the problem. The executable could have been locked by job1 when job2 wants to run it. You can create three copy of this executable, say executable1, executable2 and executable3, link them to job1, job2 and job3, to avoid conflict. Thanks Zhang
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2012 10:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics