Issue with runbook automation activity SCSM 2012 R2.

Hi,

I've configured runbook in orchestrator and request offering and service offering as described in this post for adding AD user to group:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/06/25/add-user-to-group-automated-request-offering-walkthrough.aspx

I can make request offering through portal and when i approve the review activity when it comes to the runbook automation activity this activity fail with this log:

Runbook invocation had an error. Possible reasons can be that permissions 
have changed, it no longer exists or its contract has changed. See eventlog for additional information
Exception of type System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequestException was thrown. The message is An error occurred while processing this request.

When i run the runbook through orchestrator it runs without problems.

The runbook is synchronized and active in SCSM. I placed the scsm workflow account in local administrators group on orchestrator server but that not solved my issue. I hope someone can help me.

August 19th, 2015 9:55am

I've seen this before. To solve the issue you should delete the RB Activity in the SR template, delete the RB Activity template and delete the Runbook in SCSM. After everything is deleted in SCSM sync the Runbook again via Orchestrator Connector, create a new RB Activity template and add this new RB Activity to your SR template.

Hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 19th, 2015 3:15pm

I followed your instructions but that doesn't solve my problem. It shows the same error again.
August 20th, 2015 5:11am

Maybe is permission related. Should i give some permissions on the orchestrator server.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 5:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics