Issue with dbo.WindowsWorkflowTaskJobStatus size

hi all,

The size of my Service Manager database is increasing rapidly, specialy the size of table named dbo.WindowsWorkflowTaskJobStatus (~37GB) and dbo.Jobstatus size

Does anyone know why the size of the tables are increasing to such big? How can we decrease the size of these table because we are running out of space on our environment.

Thanks a lot for your advise!

November 30th, 2010 11:22am

Do you have any MPs installed besides the ones out of the box?  For example, some custom MPs that you have created or some from one of our ISV partners?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 30th, 2010 4:23pm

Currently we have some custom workflows are running on the system.

December 1st, 2010 10:44am

It's likely that the output from some of the workflows is unusually large or the workflows are running very frequently.

Do you have the Cased Dimensions MP installed?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 1st, 2010 7:42pm

Dear Travis,

I have about 20 custom workflows running on my environment to process incomming incident and apply several templates for Change Request.

I have check on the database and see that the number of records in db table WindowsWorkflowTaskJobStatus is big, but the used pages is only 32MB but the index space is more than 36GB. How is this possible?

Seems that SCSM store all the object's data everytime workflow runs to database and the automatic grooming is cleaning up 7 days olds records but still not enough to stop the expanding of database's size. Is there any options to stop store the objects of workflow or option to set the time down to 1  or 2 day?

Thanks!

December 6th, 2010 5:44am

I'm experiencing this same problem with the WindowsWorkflowTaskJobStatus being around 35 GB, and I've already trimmed the grooming down to 1 day but it doesn't seem to be helping the size even after shrinking the DB.

I've traced the problem down to Desired Configuration Management workflows but in ConfigMgr I only have the FEP ones enabled and assigned. Even after turning them off and unassigning them for a week the table did not shrink any. We don't have ServiceMgr set to do anything with the DCMs so is there a way to turn off it's syncing of DCM items? Or at least disable the Incident_Desired_Configuration_Management_Custom_Rule.Update workflow?

Thanks in advance

July 2nd, 2013 3:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics