Issue with PKI/CA Server setup
Hi all,Im having a problem starting the services on my Enterprise Certificate Authority server. Each time i attempt to start it, i get an error stating "the revocation function was unable to check revocation because the revocation server was offline" This is a two tier server setup.These are the steps ive taken:1: Create Root CA server (not part of any domain) & install Certificate Services (& configured capolicy.inf)2: Created CRL list to copy to CA Enterprise server 3: Ran command line to set variables such as AD namespace, CRL/AIA, etc4: CreateEnterprise CA server (not part of any domain) & install Certificate Services (& configured capolicy.inf)5: Saved CA certificate request to temp location for transfer to root server6: Publish certificate & revocation list to AD (copied from step 2)7: Processed request from Enterprise server on Root server, & issued/exported certificate8: On Enterprise server installed CA certificate.When i then try to start the services, i get the above message. The Root server is definately not turned off, and can be pinged, and shares can be accessed from other server/devices on the network.I have read through all of the MS documentation, and followed all of the steps, but i cant seem to get it to work.Can anyone shed any light, or offer any troubleshooting steps?Many thanks.
August 10th, 2009 10:06am

Hi, Please verify that the Enterprise Sub CA server can access the CDP location configured in the Root CA. To verify it, you can run the following commands on the Enterprise Sub CA: Certuitl ca.cert c:\ca.cer Certutil verify urlfetch c:\ca.cer By the way, in the step 4 Create Enterprise CA server (not part of any domain) & install Certificate Services (& configured capolicy.inf), do you mean you installed an Enterprise CA on a non-domain joined computer? As far as I know, we can install only Standalone CA on a non-domain joined computer.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 14th, 2009 11:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics