Issue with Full Screen & Input languages (Mavericks 10.9.1)

I have two issues with the latest (Version 8.0.24308) Microsoft Remote Desktop from the Mac App store:

1. If I tick the connection entry "Start session in fullscreen" option, after connect the desktop slips upwards like on the screenshot (below on the link)

2. The default input method switches to Latvian after connect (never used Latvian anywhere...).

On my Mac:

- System language: Hungarian

- Input language: Hungarian

On the server:

- System language: English

- Input language: Hungarian (default) + English

+: the app doesn't supports Retina display resolution :(

Screen Shot link:

db.tt/yYKN0arM

January 22nd, 2014 3:07pm

I can't see your screen shot, but I believe I am having a similar issue.  It slips up only about 1/4".  Just enough to hide most of the title bar - and the controls to close the programs.

It does this on SOME monitors and NOT others - so I have tried many different resolution settings, but continue to have the same problem.

It's my boss' computer, so I really need an answer!

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 22nd, 2014 10:37pm

Hi,

1. The version 8.0.24308 offers updated functionality for full screen mode to users of OS X 10.7+:

• OS X native: The native full screen feature for the Mac OS X version.
  • Custom: The custom full screen mode enables the multi-monitor feature in order to provide a better experience for users of Mac OS X versions 10.7 and 10.8.

Important information for users of 10.9: if you have disabled "Displays have separate Spaces" in Mavericks (System Preferences > Mission Control) go to Preferences > Resolution in the Microsoft Remote Desktop client and configure the setting using the same option.

Please try the OS X native mode and see how it works.

2. The OS keyboard locale, is suggested to the remote PC. Therefore, please check the keyboard locale.

Hope this helps.

January 24th, 2014 4:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics