Issue of Text Qualiffier after upgrading to SQL Server 2014 Standard

Hi,

I'm facing an issue of Text Qualifier after I upgrading my system to SQL Server 2014 Standard Edition (Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2000.8 (X64)
    Feb 20 2014 20:04:26
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
    Standard Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.3 <X64> (Build 9600: ) (Hypervisor)
).

I have a csv file with format: Text Qualifier is double pipes ||, Vertical Bar (|) as Column Delimiter and  Row Delimiter is CRLF.

For example file:

||Col1|||||Col2||

||ABC|||||XYZ||

This file is working OK in SQL Server 2008 R2 (SP2) but it does not work in SQL Server 2014. It raised error message while running.

Error: An error occurred while skipping data rows.
[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on MediaAgencyGroup returned error code 0xC0202091.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Any suggestion here?

Thanks,

February 25th, 2015 8:24am

Hi,

I'm sure that I'm using the same CSV file. MediaAgencyGroup means that I'm processing the file MediaAgencyGroup. I remember that this issue was existed in SQL Server 2008R2 and we must update patch #6 for SQL Server 2008R2 to avoid issue of embed text qualifier.

I have just corrected format of csv file. Text Qualifier is double pipes ||, Vertical Bar (|) as Column Delimiter and  Row Delimiter is CRLF.

Thanks,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 6th, 2015 1:05am

Many thanks for your suggestions. But I don't understand here I installed SQL Server 2014 Standard and Data Tool for Visual Studio 2013. But SSIS package is not able to read my csv file with embed text qualifier. Maybe, I missing an update to allow this?

Another point, our system has many packages (in 2008R2 version) so it's very difficult for me to edit every package.

Thanks for any advice again,

March 6th, 2015 2:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics