Issue new certificate templates on CA Windows Server 2008
Hi, I am using Windows Server 2008 and I have installed two CAs on a cluster. When I try to issue new certificate templates on the CA I am getting the following error message: "The template information on the CA cannot be modified at this time. This is most likely because the CA service is not running or there are replication delays. Access is denied. 0x80070005 (WIN32: 5) The changes can be saved to Active Directory and retrieved by the CA next time it is started. Do you want to save the changes to Active Directory? Yes/No" I would like to know what is the cause of this message I am getting. Thanks, Marcela
May 25th, 2009 12:55pm

Hi, This issue may occur if the user account does not have Manage CA permission. To verify it, please refer to the following steps: 1. In the Certification Authority console, right-click CA Name and select Properties. 2. Select Security tab. 3. Verify that the user has been granted Manage CA permission.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 27th, 2009 1:43am

Hi Joson, I do have Manage CA permission on the CA. Any other idea? Thanks, Marcela
May 27th, 2009 4:33pm

Hi Marcela, Did you solve this problem, if so what was the resolution? Best regards, Danielwww.twitter.com/danielullmark
January 3rd, 2011 6:02am

make sure if you have logged with DOMAIN user account.http://en-us.sysadmins.lv
January 3rd, 2011 8:07am

Hi all, I am also facing the same problem. I ve logged into Domain Adminsitrator account which have Manage CA permission still facing the problem. Is there any solution for the above error.With Regards, S Prathaban
September 23rd, 2011 7:49am

The problem is actual for me also. Does anyone know how to solve?
July 12th, 2012 8:48am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics