Issue Certificates to Digitally Sign Office Documents with Macros
Hello - We would like to digitally sign Excel documents within our private network that have macros. We would like to do this in order to work within Office security restrictions for macros rather than setting Excel to "trust all". I know the option exists to trust a certain location but one of the items we have is placed on the network so I'd rather not set it to trust a network location even though tecnically it is possible. The best way to accomplish this is via CA on our server - via rights I'd allow a certain person\s or group to digitally sign VB projects within Excel documents. problem: We are still running windows 2003 server standard edition and my understanding is that in order to use the custom template we'd need to have Enterprise edition. Currently my custom one won't even appear in the templates folder since we are not on Enterprise. So I am wondering if I am way off on this or better - is there a workaround or alternative solution to what I would like to do? I'm relatively new to issuing certificates like this so please be gentle if I've missed something :) . My main goal is I simply want to digitally sign our VB projects withing excel documents. What options do I have? Thanks in advance for your wisdom * I posted this incorrectly to the "general" forum first so I am re-posting my question here. apologies -Sleestak72
May 22nd, 2012 12:23pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics