Issue

i have a problem with getting email output with the following script.  the email was coming with with out any results. 

please help me on this issue.

#########################################################

#
# Disk space monitoring and reporting script
#
#########################################################

$users = "XXX@XXX.com" # List of users to email your report to (separate by comma)
$fromemail = "XX@XXX.com"
$server = "XXX.com" #enter your own SMTP server DNS name / IP address here
#$list = $args[0] #This accepts the argument you add to your scheduled task for the list of servers. i.e. list.txt
$list = "c:\servers\servers.txt"
$computers = get-content $list #grab the names of the servers/computers to check from the list.txt file.

# Set free disk space threshold below in percent (default at 10%)
[decimal]$thresholdspace = 80

#assemble together all of the free disk space data from the list of servers and only include it if the percentage free is below the threshold we set above.

$tableFragment = Get-WMIObject  -ComputerName $computers Win32_LogicalDisk `
| select __SERVER, DriveType, VolumeName, Name, @{n='Size (Gb)' ;e={"{0:n2}" -f ($_.size/1gb)}},@{n='FreeSpace (Gb)';e={"{0:n2}" -f ($_.freespace/1gb)}}, @{n='PercentFree';e={"{0:n2}" -f ($_.freespace/$_.size*100)}} `
| Where-Object {$_.DriveType -eq 3 -and [decimal]$_.PercentFree -lt [decimal]$thresholdspace} `
| ConvertTo-HTML -fragment

#| Where-Object {$_.DriveType -eq 3 -and [decimal]$_.PercentFree -lt [decimal]$thresholdspace} ` 
# assemble the HTML for our body of the email report.
$HTMLmessage = @"
<font color=""black"" face=""Arial, Verdana"" size=""3"">
<u><b>Disk Space Storage Report</b></u>
<br>This report was generated because the drive(s) listed below have less than $thresholdspace % free space. Drives above this threshold will not be listed.
<br>
<style type=""text/css"">body{font: .8em ""Lucida Grande"", Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;}
ol{margin:0;padding: 0 1.5em;}
table{color:#FFF;background:#C00;border-collapse:collapse;width:647px;border:5px solid #900;}
thead{}
thead th{padding:1em 1em .5em;border-bottom:1px dotted #FFF;font-size:120%;text-align:left;}
thead tr{}
td{padding:.5em 1em;}
tfoot{}
tfoot td{padding-bottom:1.5em;}
tfoot tr{}
#middle{background-color:#900;}
</style>
<body BGCOLOR=""white"">
$tableFragment
</body>
"@

# Set up a regex search and match to look for any <td> tags in our body. These would only be present if the script above found disks below the threshold of free space.
# We use this regex matching method to determine whether or not we should send the email and report.
$regexsubject = $HTMLmessage
$regex = [regex] '(?im)<td>'

# if there was any row at all, send the email
#if ($regex.IsMatch($regexsubject)) {
send-mailmessage -from $fromemail -to $users -subject "Disk Space Monitoring Report" -BodyAsHTML -body $HTMLmessage -priority High -smtpServer $server
#}

# End of Script

• Edited by RoyalM Friday, March 07, 2014 12:19 PM
  • Changed type RoyalM Friday, March 07, 2014 6:41 PM
March 7th, 2014 12:22pm

Hi RoyalM,

Your script seems work for me, I find this script HERE, how about run the script below and check if there is any output:

$computers = @("computername1", "computername2")
foreach ($computer in $computers){
Get-WMIObject -ComputerName $computer Win32_LogicalDisk `
 | select __SERVER, DriveType, VolumeName, Name, @{n='Size (Gb)' ;e={"{0:n2}" -f ($_.size/1gb)}},@{n='FreeSpace (Gb)';e={"{0:n2}" -f ($_.freespace/1gb)}}, @{n='PercentFree';e={"{0:n2}" -f ($_.freespace/$_.size*100)}}
}
I hope this helps.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 10th, 2014 12:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics