Is there is a tool that integrates with windows server 2003 and 2008 r2, that can forward the critical events in event viewer to an email address?
I know there is a way in SBS sever to do it.
February 22nd, 2011 8:29am

Hi, I see that you want an email to be sent automatically when a particular event occurs, I am afraid that this feature is not present in Windows Server 2003. To do so, you need to use tools like Microsoft System Center Operations Manager to enable this feature in 2003. In Windows Server 2008, please refer to the following link: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc748900.aspx This feature is designed to remind you that a certain event is logged. Thanks. NinaPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2011 10:45pm

using Microsoft System Center Operations Manager to accomplish such a simple task is like taking a dump truck to go grocery shopping, we use simple WMI scripts to do just that, just google WMI and Event Viewer and you will see some good examples I believe the Script Dr. has some good ones, then just massage them a little and there you go, we do it in 25 lines of code and even pass the event log description field as a variable, cool stuff
February 25th, 2011 4:53pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics