Is there any direct solution for the folder redirection between xp and windows 7 ?
I was trying to deploy the group policy for the My Document and Documents to be redirected to the server, but when update one the other won't be synched. I've managed to copy the content over by writing a script to do that every time the user logs off, but still this seems a temprate solution. Hope you guys can give some advise on that.
April 28th, 2010 11:31am

Hello, Thank you for your post here. 1. Do you enable the "also apply redirection policy to Windows 2000 ,Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, and Windows Serer 20003 operating systems" settings in the Documents folder redirection policy? 2. Do you enable the offline file feature on the redirected folder? 3. Does the issue happen on all domain users who logs onto both Windows XP and Windows 7 clients? 4. Please perform the following steps to check whether the updates in the redirected folder get synced or not: a. On Windows XP client computer, create a new test file/folder. b. In the Windows Explorer, check whether the test file/folder get updated in NUC path such as \\server\share\user\Document\ c. Check the behavior on Windows 7 client too. If there's anything else about this issue I can do for you, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2010 5:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics