Is there a patch for MS05-019 TCP Sequence Number Approximation Vulnerability remediation on Server 2008 R2!!!
I see the patch for all platforms except Server 2008 R2. Is there one? http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-019.mspx Affected Software: • Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 3 and Microsoft Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 – Download the update • Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 1 and Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 – Download the update • Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Service Pack 1 (Itanium) – Download the update • Microsoft Windows XP 64-Bit Edition Version 2003 (Itanium) – Download the update • Microsoft Windows Server 2003 – Download the update • Microsoft Windows Server 2003 for Itanium-based Systems – Download the update • Microsoft Windows 98, Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition (SE), and Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition (ME) – Review the FAQ section of this bulletin for details about these operating systems. Non-Affected Software: • Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 • Microsoft Windows Server 2003 with SP1 for Itanium-based Systems • Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition • Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
July 13th, 2011 4:25pm

Hi Rodney, Thanks for posting here. Hotfix 893066 is the patch that will fix issues for only Windows server 2003/XP base operation system . Are you encountering any issue on windows server 2008 R2? If so, could you discuss that in detail ? http://blogs.technet.com/b/networking/archive/tags/windows+server+2008+r2/ Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 14th, 2011 3:07am

No issues only a security scan requiring remediation of this vulnerability. All servers are 2008 R2.
July 14th, 2011 10:13am

that patch is from 2005, its a pretty good bet the TCP stack in 2008 R2 didn't have the issue. If you have a 3rd party secuirty scanner saying you do need it, I'd be chasing that up with them for more details. I have seen a scary number of "security scanners" that are nothing more than hotfix checkers, and don't handle the change from 2003 to 2008 very well at all.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 14th, 2011 10:02pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics