Is there a VB script, or something, to open a Shared Calendar?

I have about 15 shared Calendars that I need to add to a bunch of users Outlook.  Is a script or something that would add Shared Calendars that I specify?

Any ideas?  Thanks.  

Outlook 2010

• Edited by RickDabate Friday, January 03, 2014 6:39 PM
January 3rd, 2014 9:37pm

Do you mean you want to create a shared calendar.

Sharing a calendar adds it to the users.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/share-an-outlook-calendar-with-other-people-HA010354420.aspx#_Toc300732656

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 3rd, 2014 11:22pm

\_()_/

I don't what I was thinking.  I had the Calendars created already.  I was attempting to add the calendars without user intervention.  But sharing the calendar to them, and making them click open, is not that difficult.  Thanks for waking me up! 
January 4th, 2014 11:10am

\_()_/

I don't what I was thinking.  I had the Calendars created already.  I was attempting to add the calendars without user intervention.  But sharing the calendar to them, and making them click open, is not that difficult.  Thanks for waking me up! 

By design users are independent and it is assumed they have training as users Part of that training is haring and opening calendars.

Is it possible to script the opening part?  Yes but it is not really worth all of the extra steps.  Just send an email.  When a calendar is shared the users get an email which, when its link is clicked, opens the newly shared calendar. Theat is how Office collaboration and messaging have been designed.  It is designed to "empower" users.  Each group of users is encouraged to appoint a guru or a team to help with use and implementation issues.  This make Office far more powerful for the users then if we rely on desktop support to do everything for them.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 4th, 2014 11:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics