Is there a Hotmail Client for Windows Server 2008?
Is there an email client that works on 64-bit server for Hotmail? Windows Mail doesn't support http mail. Live Mail doesn't run on server.
February 27th, 2008 10:34pm

Also, is there a Messenger Client? Live Messenger doesn't run on server either.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 27th, 2008 10:43pm

You need to use version 8.1.
February 28th, 2008 2:00am

Version 8.1 of what and where do I find it?
February 28th, 2008 3:15am

Should we assume you are looking for a free client? Outlook works fine for me for accessing my hotmail account. tgc
February 29th, 2008 5:26am

timjpearson wrote: Version 8.1 of what and where do I find it? timjpearson, Download Windows Live Messenger8.1.0178 at here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D78F2FF1-79EA-4066-8BA0-DDBED94864FC&displaylang=en Or you can try Windows Live Messenger 8.5.1302.1018, but not supported on Server 2003/8 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7a1aae73-48cc-4f7a-b445-0487bd5e84ef&displaylang=en&tm Regards, Thomas
February 29th, 2008 6:18am

Thanks everyone. What I hear is that: There is no (free) clientfor hotmail that is supported on server; neither Live Mail nor Windows Mail are supported. The new versions of Live Messengerare not supported on server, but you can run an older version for now. Whyare neither Live Mail nor Live Messenger supported on server in current versions?
March 3rd, 2008 6:16pm

Why no Live client support on Windows Server? My guess would be that the products listed, Mail and Messenger, are focused at the consumer marketplace more than the business market. Windows Server is an Enterprise Server product, and the vast majority of installations will not include a mail, even a corporate mail client, Since support implies lots and lots of testing, my guess is that it didn't make sense for the Server team to test niche consumer products. I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have something like that, but it definitely is not what would be considered a mainstream use of Windows Server. tgc
March 4th, 2008 5:15am

Tim Cerling wrote: Windows Server is an Enterprise Server product, and the vast majority of installations will not include a mail, even a corporate mail client With the vast improvements in Windows Server 2008 in the area of Terminal Services I guess Microsoft acknowledges many Enterprise Windows Servers are being utilized as Terminal Servers. In scenarios where I implemented Terminal Services this included a complete installation of Microsoft Office, (including the corporate mail client, named Microsoft Office Outlook) Line of Business applications andsometimes even consumer products likeGoogle Maps (real estate agents really dig this!)
March 4th, 2008 10:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics