Is it possible to restore Windows server 2012 backup to another physical hardware or virtual machine?

Hi

I have windows server 2012 which is my domain controller. It has 2 hyper visor virtual machine that they are 2012 too. I have an additional domain controller in another location too.

I want to know, how can I restore a bare metal or system state backup to another machine, to have a domain controller same as old one whit all the properties, rules and features.

Thanks

April 29th, 2015 5:55pm

Hi Mehdi,

Yes, it is possible to restore Windows backup to a different machine with different hardware. This article, although written for Windows Server 2008 still applies in 2012:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/249694

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 10:02am

Thank you Zach

I did all the step that it was explained on this link, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

I test my backup image on the VM and physical machine but it did not work.

All the time it said" windows did not find any disk which it can use for creating volumes present in backup. Offline disks, cluster shared disk or explicity excluded by user will not be used by Windows. insure that disks are online and no disks are excluded by mistake.(0x80042414)"

Mehdi

May 1st, 2015 5:15pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics