Is it possible to know which join rule were used when migrating from MIIS to FIM ?

We are under migration from MIIS to FIM.

We disable Provisioning and Full import of GAL MA of FIM.

Most of connectors were successfully joined by existing MIIS join rule.

we CSexport-ed MIIS and FIM connector data using below script that change XML to CSV data

http://jorgequestforknowledge.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/parsing-a-csexport-generated-xml-file-into-a-scoped-csv-file/

and compared disconnectors of MIIS and FIM.

But we found in some GALMA, there are around 1000 not-joined object  by current join rule.

I would like to know how to solve this problem.

Is there any good idea ?

or,  how could I know which join rule were used when joining and why those 1000 not-joined object are not joined ?

July 14th, 2013 3:02am

I imagine you're trying to load an empty FIM metaverse using existing MIIS configuration (as opposed to using the alternative approach of restoring the MicrosoftIdentityManagement database to the FIMSynchronizationService database)?

Assuming this is the case, then there are at least a couple of possible reasons for your results:

1. The objects in AD were provisioned by MIIS without a "correlation ID" (or "breadcrumb") having been used to ensure that the AD objects will re-join to the source (projected) metaverse object in a scenario such as yours; or
  2. The join rules have changed since the original MIIS configuration was deployed.

What are the join rules that you are expecting to succeed?  Have you tried running a full sync preview on one of these disconnector ob

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 15th, 2013 9:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics