Is it possible to create multiple Data Source View having same datasource ?

Hi,

1. As per my current development SQL Sever Analysis Database consists of two Cube (Cube A and Cube B).  Cube A and Cube B share the same data source view (DSV1). The source for both these cubes has the same data source (DS1)

2. As per the requirement I need to create third Cube i.e. Cube C. Is it possible to create a second Data Source View (DSV2).

The Source of second Data Source View (DSV2) will be the same data source (DS1).

I am thinking to create second Data Source View (DSV2) for Cube C because existing layout of the DSV1 has become complex.

Please provide your suggestions regarding the same. I wanted to know the pros and cons of creating a multiple data source view with same data source

July 27th, 2015 6:08pm

Hi NEERAJ,

Data source is logical layer on top of the underline tables. if it's complex and all cubes has different model then it's nice to create the seprate DSV else i will suggest you to use the existing DSV if it is same. due to manageability point of view.

if your DSV are too complex then it's good idea to create the views on the database and use them in the DSV.

let me know if you need further clarification in this regards.

Thanks,

Zaim Raza. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 27th, 2015 8:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics