Is free disk space required for RAM upgrade
Hi, I have recently upgraded the RAM on an x64 2003 Enterprise Server from 10GB to 24GB. My initial plan was to increase to 26GB, however the server would not boot unless the total amount of RAM was less than the available free disk space on the boot volume. Free disk space on the boot volume is 25GB. Has anyone seen this before. Thanks
June 21st, 2010 1:35pm

i assume its either auto configured page file or memory dump settings, check winkey + pause, advanced settings. there at performance you can move the pagefile and under startup and recovery you can change the memory dump settings.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2010 1:53pm

Hi FZB, The pagefle has been limited to 4GB so I dont believe that is the issue. Memory Dump may be it but the only options are full, Mini or None. Is there a way to specify how large the full dump can grow to.
June 21st, 2010 2:39pm

no, there is no option for a partial dump, its either trying a full dump, mini or none. id try mini and see if it is the issue.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2010 2:42pm

Hi , I have installed 2 BG RAM with 1 GB hardisk on Win CE , and i was able to successfuly load the OS . You always have an option not to use page file , and in your scenario i see that you have huge RAM space and i would not see any real time application consuming 26 GB of ram.
June 21st, 2010 4:00pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics