Is domain controller necessary for BizTalk server 2010 in order to run BizTalk WCF published services?

I have a BizTalk Server 2010 installed in windows server 2008 R2. When i publish wcf service through wizard and try to run the service on browser, it returns an error :

The Messaging Engine failed to register the adapter for "WCF-BasicHttp" for the receive location "/OrderProcessingDescription/OrderProcessService.svc". Please verify that the receive location exists, and that the isolated adapter runs under an account that has access to the BizTalk databases.

Also account used in the application pool is a member of the BizTalk Isolated Host Users group.

One thing which is not installed in Windows Server 2010 is Domain Controller. Please let me know if I need to install it .

June 26th, 2013 12:52pm

You need to check receive loc is enable and IIS in which Application Pool your WCF service is running?

Then what is the identity value for this Application pool. Identity=Mentioned user account not having the permission.

Note: You can configure the user account which you configured for Isolated host running.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2013 1:14pm

Hi Mukesh,

This is certainly an access issue. You dont need to worry about domain controller. If account user of the Application pool is member of BizTalk Isolated Host Users group. There are couple are things worth doing/checking:

Give the service account used by the isolated host instance read/write access to the C:WindowsTemp directory: http://www.wadewegner.com/2007/09/a-few-tips-when-using-wcf-with-biztalk-server-2006-r2/

Permission to ASPNET user account: http://www.biztalkgurus.com/biztalk_server/biztalk_2009/f/32/t/12790.aspx

June 26th, 2013 2:01pm

Thanks. Service account means the account same which is used as account user of application pool. is it correct? if yes, then i have already done this.

Permission to ASPNET user cannot be done because it is not existed in IIS 7.

June 26th, 2013 2:35pm

Hi,

Can you try & browse the svc service and see if it is working fine ?

Also, you need to run the following two commands in order to register WCF on IIS 7.

aspnet_regiis -i

ServiceModelReg -i

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Sumit

June 26th, 2013 3:39pm

Do you have a Receive Location with the Address (URI) set to "/OrderProcessingDescription/OrderProcessService.svc"?

Is it Enabled?

No, Domain Controller is in no way a local dependency for running WCF services.

June 26th, 2013 3:46pm

Hi,

Can you try & browse the svc service and see if it is working fine ?

Also, you need to run the following two commands in order to register WCF on IIS 7.

aspnet_regiis -i

ServiceModelReg -i

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Sumit

June 27th, 2013 5:49am

Do you have a Receive Location with the Address (URI) set to "/OrderProcessingDescription/OrderProcessService.svc"?

Is it Enabled?

No, Domain Controller is in no way a local dependency for running WCF services.

Yes Receive location is enabled.
June 27th, 2013 5:50am

Did you create the port definition manually or did you ask the publishing Wizard to create it for you?

silly question but did you link the port to the orchestration? The application that you created in IIS is selected for authentication (not anonymous access)?

The parent site and the application folder should have the same versions of .Net associated (if the parent site is on a pool with .Net 2.0 and your application is in a pool on .Net 4.0) you'd have issues.

Regards.

June 27th, 2013 8:10am

>>Please verify that the receive location exists, and that the isolated adapter runs under an account that has access to the BizTalk databases.<<

Is the AppPool account a member of the Isolated Hosts Group?

June 27th, 2013 4:13pm

Yes, AppPool account is a member of the Isolated Hosts Group. Everything is already configured but still giving the same error.
July 1st, 2013 6:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics