IronKey Drive Mapping Error with Windows Server 2008
IronKey (PNY), Kingston and SanDisk market USB Flash drives that have on-board hardware encryption. The feature set and functionality vary with the different vendors.We haven't tested the Kingston and SanDisk devices as yet, but do have some experience with the IronKey.It is supposed to be compatible with Windows XP SP2 and Vista. We have tested it with Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008. There are some issues that need to be resolved with the usage of IronKey with the first two operating systems, but it is basically functional.We have had no success trying to load IronKey on Windows Server 2008. We consistently have error message 1347, Drive Mapping Error. IronKey uses two drive letters for its USB drive and the error apparently occurs with the setup of the second drive. As far as I know, all the appropriate Windows Server 2008 parameters are set correctly. Other USB drives work properly on the system.I would appreciate knowing if anyone had any success in using IronKey with Windows Server 2008.Thank you very much.
December 1st, 2007 8:10pm

I can't even get mine to work on 2 XP laptops. XP is fully updated on both, but gives the message that it cannot find any drivers and therefore just ignores the hardware and lets me do nothing with it.Any ideas? Is there a place to download drivers to assist in the set-up on XP? Any help is appreciated.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 29th, 2008 9:49pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics