Invoking CMD from PS-script with Scheduled task
Seems to have been permission problems on the folder wich i wanted to delete files from. Strangely it worked running the script by itself. However Task Scheduler seems to require some elevated folder security?!
March 10th, 2012 8:51am

To start with - The script functions well when I run it manually. The problem occur when I schedule it via Schedule Task manager. Here are the basic parts: if (Test-Path $exists) { $smtpServer = "smtp.smtp.com" $msg = new-object Net.Mail.MailMessage $smtp = new-object Net.Mail.SmtpClient($smtpServer, 25) $msg.From = $user $msg.To.Add($user) $msg.Subject = "Mail" $msg.Body = "Automaticly generated E-mail" foreach ($file in gci $folder) { $att = New-Object Net.Mail.Attachment($file.fullname) $msg.Attachments.Add($att) } $smtp.Send($msg) start-sleep -second 30 $att.Dispose(); $msg.Dispose(); start-sleep -second 30 cmd /c copyandremove.cmd } else { Write-Host "No files to send was found... Exiting" exit } it is the CMD /C COPYANDREMOVE.CMD that doesn't run when scheduled. I guess I cannot specify the entire path as there is an @ in the foldername? The CMD-file is located in the same path as the script itself. I am running the task this way: "Start a program" program/script: "powershell" argument: "-command "&'C:\path\script.ps1' Does anybody know how to solve this? A PS copy-file solution would also be fine. This is what I want to do: @ECHO OFF REM Remember to change the folder variable below to the correct E-mail SET FOLDER=c:\person@company.com XCOPY /s /A /H /Z /Y %folder%\*.* c:\OldFiles\ DEL %folder%\*.* /q /f /s Thanks!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 11th, 2012 3:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics