Invoke-Command RDS, deployment does not exist

Hello,

I am trying to invoke simple commands(like get-rdusersession) on RDS server from another server in domain. But I always get an error that the deployment does not exist on that server. Which is not true because deployment definetly exists on RD server(its just one server with broker, host, web..) and also I CAN manage it in Server Manager from the same server from which Iam trying to run the command. In SM I can see the deployment, collection, logged users... I have also updated to PS4 but nothing changed

Someone has a clue whats going on? Thank you.

June 5th, 2014 8:10pm

Hi Pete,

Please provide the version of the Operating System on the target server you want to remote access, because the RemoteDesktopService module is applied to Windows Server 2012 and later.

Best Regards,

Anna

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 7th, 2014 7:28am

Hi Anna,

its Server 2012(not R2), with latest updates applied.

June 7th, 2014 10:04am

Hi Pete,

Sorry for I missed some points in my last posting, I would like to confirm some information from you:

So you want to mange server2 with RDS installed from Server1 in powershell, please try to run the RDS cmdlet on server 2, and check if there is any error.

If there is no error, please try to use the cmdlet invoke-command or enter-pssession to remote access server2 on server1.

If you get any cmdlet error, please also post it in detail, which will help us to troubleshoot.

Best Regards,

Anna

June 10th, 2014 3:36am

Hello,

invoke-command is what I was doing, enter-pssession has same result. On server2 locally(ie. the one with RDS it works), the exact error is:

Get-RDUserSession : A Remote Desktop Services deployment does not exist on XXXXXX. This operation can be
performed after creating a deployment. For information about creating a deployment, run "Get-Help Set-VDIDeployment"
or "Get-Help Set-RDSHDeployment".
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-RDUserSession

Thank you.

Pete

June 10th, 2014 11:21am

Hi,

still this issue is not resolved I would like to make it live again. Did anyone encounter and resolved this? Thank you.

Pete

December 5th, 2014 3:41pm

Hi,

We are trying to remotely run the RDSM PowerShell commands and are getting the same error. Commands run fine locally.

Any help in troubleshooting this ?

Here are the commands I am using :

enter-pssession -computername connectionbroker -authentication default
import-module remotedesktop -credential (get-credential adminuser)
"Remote machine: " + [Environment]::MachineName
"Remote user: " + [Environment]::UserName
"IsAdmin: " + (new-object System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent())).IsInRole([System.Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]::Administrator)
get-rdsessioncollection
exit-pssession

And here is the result :

Remote machine: connectionbroker
Remote user: adminuser
IsAdmin: True
get-rdsessioncollection : A Remote Desktop Services deployment does not exist on SSIEXPLAH711.esitintra.saaq.net. This
operation can be performed after creating a deployment. For information about creating a deployment, run "Get-Help
New-RDVirtualDesktopDeployment" or "Get-Help New-RDSessionDeployment".
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-RDSessionCollection

Thanks

• Edited by agezez Friday, February 27, 2015 8:20 PM
February 27th, 2015 8:16pm

Hi,

We are trying to remotely run the RDSM PowerShell commands and are getting the same error. Commands run fine locally.

Any help in troubleshooting this ?

Here are the commands I am using :

enter-pssession -computername connectionbroker -authentication default
import-module remotedesktop -credential (get-credential adminuser)
"Remote machine: " + [Environment]::MachineName
"Remote user: " + [Environment]::UserName
"IsAdmin: " + (new-object System.Security.Principal.WindowsPrincipal([System.Security.Principal.WindowsIdentity]::GetCurrent())).IsInRole([System.Security.Principal.WindowsBuiltInRole]::Administrator)
get-rdsessioncollection
exit-pssession

And here is the result :

Remote machine: connectionbroker
Remote user: adminuser
IsAdmin: True
get-rdsessioncollection : A Remote Desktop Services deployment does not exist on SSIEXPLAH711.esitintra.saaq.net. This
operation can be performed after creating a deployment. For information about creating a deployment, run "Get-Help
New-RDVirtualDesktopDeployment" or "Get-Help New-RDSessionDeployment".
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Get-RDSessionCollection

Thanks

• Edited by agezez Friday, February 27, 2015 8:20 PM
February 27th, 2015 8:16pm

Hi,

unfortunately no solution yet. Other remoting commands work well. But RDS deployment not.

Pete

March 17th, 2015 8:44pm

Hi,

I recently succeeded in using RDS management powershell commands remotely. Error messages were not clear about the real issue which was a double hop authentication issue. You would not necessarily guess it, but the second hop is made internally by the powershell commands themselves. As suggested per the following article, i enabled CredSSP which corrected the issue.

http://www.colinbowern.com/posts/overcoming-double-hop-authentication-powershell-remoting

March 18th, 2015 8:17am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics