Internet blocks .co.uk websites
Hi I am an IT Techinitian at a college in the UK and I've been having some problems with accessing .co.uk or .uk websites. We are using Windows Server 2008 accross three of our site locations (i.e. three college sites with a Windows Server 2008 at each site) and every so often ( i.e. every 2 -3 days a week) we are unable to get access to any .co.uk / .uk and even .fr websites. It never seems to affect .com websites however, only websites from the UK. Why is this? One of our college locations ISP is JA.NET and the other two by Aquiss. So I can rule out that it is to do with the ISPs as we get the problem across two sites (one JA.NET - one Aquiss). I have tried flushing the DNS to no avail. Also, tracert does not work when the problem arrises. However, I can resolve the problem by re-starting the servers - however this is in no way ideal. So the problem seems to be lay somewhere with the servers (Win 2008) Can anyone help me? Thanks - Richard
May 1st, 2011 10:01am

Hello, please see: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968372Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 2nd, 2011 4:47am

Hi, It seems that your firewall or router does not support EDNS0, you can use Forwarders to see if it works. Please check the following blog: EDNS0 (Extension mechanisms for DNS) https://msmvps.com/blogs/acefekay/archive/2010/10/11/edns0-extension-mechanisms-for-dns.aspx Brent Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
May 2nd, 2011 11:57pm

I know it has been a while since this post...however, just wanted to say thank you as the above answer solved my problem. Cheers.
February 27th, 2012 4:33pm

I know it has been a while since this post...however, just wanted to say thank you as the above answer solved my problem. Cheers.

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics